The Government of India has envisaged the development of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor(DMIC) along the alignment of proposed Multi-modal High Axle Load Western Dedicated Freight Corridor(DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai, covering an overall length of 1,483 km. The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Limited (DMICDC), a special purpose company, was incorporated to establish, promote and facilitate development of the DMIC Project. In Phase-1 of the DMIC project, DMICDC is developing eight industrial cities/nodes. Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) is one of the eight such industrial smart cities in Phase-1 of the project & the Biggest.
The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is the Biggest Industrial Development Project of the Government of India till date. Work already Underway and Progressing at a rapid pace with the Dedicated Freight Corridor expected to be Completed by 2018.
Starting from Dadri (UP) – Delhi – Haryana – Rajasthan – Gujarat – Madhya Pradesh ending in Maharashtra at JNPT.
DMIC PROJECT INCLUDES 24 Industrial Regions and Nodes under which
- 9 Mega Industrial Zones
- 6 Air Ports
- 3 Ports
- 5 Power Projects
- 6 Lane Intersection Free Express Highway & DFC (Dedicated Freight Corridor)
- 2 Mass Rapid Transit Systems
- 2 Logistical Hubs.
- DMIC: A High Impact Industrial area within 150 km distance on both side of the DFC
- Area Under Influence - 14% & Population - 17% of the Country
- Total Population: 173.4 Million
- Total Workers: 68.36 Million
- Total 82 Districts of Six States within the Influence Area (excluding MP)
- 25 Industrial Nodes have been proposed along the DMIC
In 1st Phase investment of $100 Billion (Japan Aid - $10 Billion)
Unlimited OpportunitiesThe Vision for DMIC is to create Strong Economic Base with Globally Competitive Environment and state-of-the-art Infrastructure to activate Local Commerce, enhance Foreign Investments and attain Sustainable Development.
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is conceived as a Model Industrial Corridor of International standards with emphasis on expanding the Manufacturing and Services base and develop DMIC as the ‘Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub’.
DMIC is being developed as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub of India supported by World Class Infrastructure and enablining policy framework, It will become “the Engine for Economic Resurgence of the Country”
DMIC Project Goals:
- Double the employment potential in five years (14.87% CAGR)
- Triple industrial output in five years (24.57% CAGR)
- Quadruple exports from the region in five years(31.95% CAGR)
Out of the Total Twenty Four Industrial Nodes Planned along the DMIC, Six Nodes (Two Investment regions and Four Industrial areas) have been proposed for the State of Gujarat.
Dholera SIR is the First such Node, taken up for Development by the Government of Gujarat.
- 62% of the Total Area of Gujarat covered
- 18 out of 26 District within the Influence Area
- Major cities on DMIC: Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
- 1/3rd of Total Investment will be in Gujarat
- Estimated employment: 8 lacs
- Gujarat’s Ports to cater to Foreign & Hinterland Markets
- World Class Connectivity between the Ports, nodes & DFC.